Updates (and the SINGLE woman?)
It was 10 months yesterday, and surprisingly enough, it was basically an uneventful day. I've had some bad days in the past couple of months, but mostly, I'm doing very well.
In fact, I'm ready to meet new people. Not that I am ready to jump into a long-term relationship, but getting myself out there is the first step. At least, I think so.
I have spent a great deal of time over the past 10 months on improving myself physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually, and I believe I am better than I have ever been:
1. My mind is clear and peaceful.
2. I've been attending church regularly, although I am not an overly religious person, I do enjoy the fellowship and uplifting messages.
3. I have been doing a lot of organizing of my home. It will take a long while, though, because I have a LOT of things to go through from my husband's life, his mom's life, and his dad's life (they liked to save all the things!).
4. I am dedicated to working out and rarely miss a day at the gym. I am in better health than I have ever been in my life, though there's still some weight to lose and quite a bit of extra skin. There was a lot of fat stored in this vessel! One day, hopefully I'll be able to get a tummy tuck and other skin surgery to take care of those issues.
5. I am not working right now, but I've got a few things in the works that I'm very excited about. We shall see how that goes!
6. I will soon to be ready to test for my orange belt in karate, and I LOVE it. It is something I have wanted to do for a very long time, and now, my goal is to teach my grandkids (and kids, if they want!) once I get my black belt. It may be a few years, but I'll be ready. :)
Now, to address that SINGLE woman topic...
I've been getting out there and hanging out with new people, and along the way, I've met a couple people I'm interested in getting to know better. I've made some really great new friends and gotten to know some better, I've been doing karaoke, hiking,
The strangest part is I am getting a LOT of attention. More than I've gotten since I was teenager. Like, guys sidling up to me at the bar. One bluntly said, "I'd do you!" (He did not get done). One person asked me to send bathing suit pictures of me in the water...shut that down very quickly. There's been more, but I won't go into it. Let's just say I'm getting great practice saying "no."
I set up a profile on a popular dating app and met a few people. I actually never MET them in person because I could see the red flags popping up left and right! Maybe I'm being too picky, but damn! I CAN be picky! I know what I want and I know what I don't want. I recognize when people are being manipulative or trying to pull one over on me. I recognize when someone is just not ready for me.
When I say "not ready for me," it means this: I do not want to take on a project. I want someone who is strong, independent, and confident. I want someone who will want to work out with me and want to take a long hikes on a Sunday (or whenever!). Someone who will be able to deal with me when I have a sad day and understand it is not about them.
I'm perfectly find with being picky.
Now for the BIG update. No, I have not. I have had opportunities, but I have not. It isn't that I'm not ready (TRUST ME, I'm ready), but I just don't want to jump into anything and get caught up in a relationship that isn't going to work. I mean, sure, a lot of people do the "friends with benefits" thing, but I would really prefer something REAL.
I mentioned awhile back that I was going to wait for the right time, and that is what I am doing. I want to make sure it isn't something that is just for a quick moment of fun. I've had "fun" before. I know what "real" is.
I know Phil would want nothing but the best for me.